The Cornonavirus is a serious matter, but so is the survival of your business. Take the necessary precautions to protect your family, business, clients and other stakeholders, but remember, they will all suffer if your business fails.
Keep in mind that your purpose is unconditional. It is impervious to highs and lows. It supercedes pandemics. The current crisis should reinforce that belief not depreciate it. Check out the Pandemic Crisis Survival Tips below. They should help with you navigate COVID-19 and as well as the next pandemic that comes along.
- Concede – First admit that this is beyond your control and that it affects not only you. The rain falls on the saint and sinner alike. This should allow you to breathe and realize that you are not in this alone.
- Contain – Take concrete steps to minimize the damage and not make matters worse. Get informed so that you can protect yourself and others.
- Contest – Fight the urge to succumb to negativity and doomsday prophets. These are not the last days. In a battle of mental wills, emotion trumps logic. Stay positive.
- Control – Control the controllables. Don’t conflate the things you can’t control with the things you can. Things are rarely as bad as they seem. Do what you can, and make provisions for the things you can’t.
- Continue – Don’t stop moving forward. Position yourself to be viable in the aftermath. Let your purpose be your fuel and your guiding light.
- Contingency – Unfortunately it usually takes a calamity to remind us us that these things happen and that we should be prepared. Going forward, try to avoid living on the financial, physical, mental and spiritual edge. Keep money in reserves; get your rest; take frequent mental breaks, and routinely meditate and/or pray.
- Congratulate – Pat yourself on the back in advance for being a survivor! You will come out of this stronger than you went in. Rather than waiting to celebrate in the future, use that positive energy to propel you in the now.
Pass this along to anyone you know who needs it!