Date(s) - 04/13/19
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Metropolitan AME Church
Join the National Capital Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals for a financial forum on Retirement Planning and Elder Care.
Sat, Apr 13, 19. 8:30 am – 12:30 pm. Metropolitan AME Church ; 1518 M St. NW; DC
A distinguished panel of experts will discuss the following topics and more:
• What should “baby boomers” be doing to plan for their own retirement while also taking care of their aging parents;
• What to know about managing finances of an aging family member;
• Legal issues and elder care (power of attorney; advance directive; legal guardianship; wills);
• Ways to ensure elders are cared for in the manner and by the people they desire;
• Mitigating the financial impact of elders needing long term care;
• Reducing the emotional and other non-financial impacts to elders’ family;
• Understanding what Medicare and Medicaid do and do not cover;
• Benefits available to love ones who are veterans; and
• Understanding what services and facilities are available in the DC area.
The program will include an interactive panel discussion followed by small group break-out sessions during which attendees can talk with the @SocietyFSP team and panelists.
Free Program Free Parking Coffee and Continental Breakfast
Sponsored by: National Capital Chapter Society of Financial Service Professionals
Metropolitan AME Church and the Daniel A. Payne CDC